Introducing Bodega!

It's no secret to those of you that know me that I love dogs and my previous "renter" status prevented me from filling the void left when I moved away from home and left my canine companions with my dad.  So it should be no surprise that less than three months into home ownership Chad and I have welcomed a new member to our little family.  Meet Bodega, our cute-as-can-be and smart-as-a-whip, Rhodesian Ridgeback.  He's a mama's boy now but before long he'll be running the distance with Chad and leaving me in the dust.



Bodega comes to us from Chico, California - where his mama, "Dessie Tutu", and her people Max and Lisa Weber live.  We first met him when he was only 4 weeks old, and although there were 14 puppies to choose from, we knew he was the one.

Our first family picture!

Bodega's dad, Tygre, is a very handsome guy whose dad was the number one Ridgeback in the nation.  You can say our boy has some good genes!

The four weeks of waiting to go pick him up were filled with puppy proofing the house and trips to Petsmart for all the necessities, plus some very fun non-essentials.

We picked him up on Saturday, September 26th, and our home down the hill hasn't been the same since.  We forget about our sleepless nights when the days that are filled with lots of puppy kisses, playtime, laughs, and the occasional bark, howl, whimper and groan.  Our house truly feels like a home.








We can't forget to also welcome Titus to the extended family.  Titus is Bodega's brother who went home a week later with Chad's parents.  They already are the best of friends and we can't wait to watch them grow up together!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment